Neurovascular Technical Project Manager
This position is an academic-industry collaborative opportunity between researchers with the Calgary Stroke Program at the University of Calgary and Circle Neurovascular Imaging Inc. The positions are supported by the SRP program through Alberta Innovates and the University of Calgary.
The Technical Project Manager reports to the Director Product Strategy and Operations and is responsible for overseeing key projects to support the success of the Circle Neurovascular product portfolio and associated Calgary Stoke Program research initiatives. The position assures on timely delivery of key projects coordinating between various teams/functions including product development, clinical research (in collaboration with members of the Calgary Stroke Program), technical implementation, regulatory affairs, and commercial operations.
The project manager is responsible for planning and overseeing projects to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget including managing project and technical resources, budgets, monitoring progress, and keeping stakeholders informed the entire way. All projects are implemented in alignment with the corporate goals and in support of Circle NVI’s mission to simplify stroke care.
Please note that this role is a full-time temporary contract based (12 months) position.
The following duties provide a representative summary of the position’s primary duties and responsibilities. Additional duties may be required as expected in an emerging company.
- Communication to ensure cross functional activities are aligned and projects are completed on time.
- Identification and communication of key action items to ensure understanding by team members of timelines, dependencies, and accountabilities.
- Proactive problem solving to address issues and conflicts to ensure efficient cross functional collaboration.
- Creation and management of project management software.
- Creation and maintenance of project documents as required.
- Project scoping (time, head count, and resources) to inform key decisions.
- Participation in key functional team meetings, cross functional meetings, and project specific meetings ensuring key action items are tracked and followed up on.
- Manage projects related to product development, regulatory filings, grant submissions and maintenance, contracts, commercial implementation projects, financial operations, publication management, and clinical research projects.
- Determine and define project scope and objective.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirement.
- Track project costs to meet budget.
- Develop and manage detailed project schedules and work plans.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Execute on research projects through management and support of research infrastructure, tools, data quality, participant engagement and feedback.
- Manage financial affairs relating to projects and grants as it relates to budget scoping, spenddown planning, and reporting to stakeholders. Liaise with key partners in execution of transactions.
- Support technical agile development lifecycle through oversight and management of development requirements tickets
- Support integration between technical development and technical implementation teams to ensure seamless delivery
- Additional duties may be required as expected in an emerging company
- 7 years or more of professional experience preferred
- Interpersonal skills required to work collaboratively across internal functions to drive alignment, decision making and successful execution.
- Attention to detail with an ability to think strategically.
- High degree of judgment, creativity, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to succeed with rapid development environments and tools that are required in a health technology company.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate technical topics while connecting work to the ultimate vision and strategy.
- Experience in both health research delivery and associated regulatory and ethical frameworks would be considered an asset
- Understanding of technical product development lifecycle
- Must have experience with agile development methodologies
- Must have strong proficiency with product roadmap tools. Experience with Aha! an asset
- Must have proficiency with agile development project management tools, including requirements management, issue tracking and prioritization. Experience with Jira (and other components of the Atlassian suite) an asset
- Knowledge and experience in the field of technical project management is considered an asset.
- Preferred personal interest in working for a healthcare technology company working in stroke
- Experience with continuous development/deployment methodologies considered an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer sciences, medical sciences, or project management.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification may be acceptable in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
How to apply:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. While we thank all those who apply, however please note that we will only be contacting those selected for an interview. No phone calls or unsolicited agency referrals please.
Please complete the below application form and we will be in contact shortly.