Senior Software Developer
Do you want to join a diverse and global team that is revolutionizing the cardiovascular healthcare industry? Circle CVI is hiring!
About Circle Cardiovascular Imaging
Circle Cardiovascular Imaging Inc. (Circle CVI) is revolutionizing the medical technology industry by developing world-class and advanced post-processing solutions for cardiovascular and neurovascular imaging. Headquartered in Calgary and with offices in Germany, the Netherlands, China, and the USA, Circle CVI is a global leader in serving over 1000 hospitals in over 50 countries.
Founded in 2007, Circle CVI has partnered with some of the most respected bodies in the medical field to disrupt and innovate cardiovascular and neurovascular imaging using machine learning, big data, AI, and other technologies. Our proprietary technology successfully demonstrates our capabilities within the same range as expert human readers, improving cardiovascular health through excellence in imaging as an integral part of precision medicine.
In early 2021, we have received a significant investment from the Canadian government’s Western Diversification Program (WDP) as recognition for our position “as the world leader in cardiovascular imaging.” With the highest priority in excellence, our products and services are truly changing the world, allowing healthcare providers to give more precise care to patients.
Currently, Circle CVI is looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our team in a full-time hybrid work model (remote and in office) in our headquarters in Calgary, Alberta (or other location).
About the Opportunity
Circle Neurovascular Imaging (Circle NVI) works with the world’s leading stroke clinicians to bring AI-powered diagnostic software products to front-line physicians for faster and more accurate treatment plans. The backend software developer role offers a unique opportunity to build clean and solid backend services for our life-saving software.
As our new Senior Software Developer, you will:
- Design, develop, test, and deploy the core of our product
- Implement APIs for integrating with web and mobile applications
- Work closely with various teams, including the research, algorithm, and product teams, to deliver the best solutions to our customers and OEM partners
- Analyze and optimize application code for efficiency and performance
- Writing modular and well-organized code in accordance with industry best practices
- Participate in peer reviewing of code and share expertise with other members
- Maintain CI/CD pipelines and automated unit tests
- Sc. degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related technical field
- 3+ years of work experience in a similar position
- Strong programming skills in Angular, C++ and Go, or other backend languages like Python and Java
- Database skills including schemas and ORMs
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Familiar with Git or other version control tools
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience in medical device development (hardware, software, or both) considered an asset
- Experience in cloud-based application development considered an asset
- Experience with service-oriented architecture considered an asset
- Proficiency developing with NoSQL database technologies considered an asset
- Knowledge of message brokers such as RabbitMQ or Apache Kafka considered an asset
About the Benefits
- Competitive compensation and vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits on day one
- RRSP matching program
- Transportation allowance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Personal Time Off
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement program
- Gratifying internal recognition/kudos programs
- Annual salary review – based on company and individual performance
- Fun, inclusive, ego-free environment where diversity and individual thoughts are encouraged and valued
- Company/team building events such as amusement park festivals, outdoor picnics, BBQs, etc.
Upon joining Circle CVI, you will be welcomed into a collaborative and supportive company with uncompromising values on quality, innovation, culture, and customer service. Join us in changing the medical technology world and submit your application below!