Software Development Manager, Web
Want to contribute to a revenue-generating software that is being used by doctors worldwide? How about joining a company that has been increasing its annual revenues and workforce by 30% for the past 3 years, right here in Calgary? Interested in being part of a dynamic development team that is highly collaborative, engaging, and ambitious?
The Software Development Manager, Web will lead a team of developers in an agile development environment in developing Circle’s next generation cardiovascular post-processing software. The manager will be actively designing and developing various components of the software including front-end web application, back-end server functionalities, and clinical reporting. The development manager will be responsible for driving the performance and quality of software development team. The manager will work with other software development teams, product managers and quality assurance teams on critical decision making. This role requires balancing between project delivery, building a sustainable and scalable codebase, and fostering a culture of collaboration, pride, and creativity.
The Software Development Manager, Web will report to the Director of Software Development.
- Lead a team of developers in designing, developing, and maintaining desktop/web application and framework for medical software
- Ensure high quality of work delivered by developers and perform code reviews
- Drive the development progress of our next-gen desktop/web application
- Mentor developers in their technical and professional decision-making based on business and product needs
- Manage direct reports distributed across agile teams
- Evaluate performance of senior and junior developers, and provide constructive feedback
- Identify and communicate product and project risks, and provide constructive feedback to director
- Work collaboratively with other software development leads on interdependent projects requiring expertise from different development fields and technology stacks.
- Contribute to the architectural design of our next-gen desktop/web application, in close collaboration with software architects
- Work closely and effectively with product managers, quality assurance analysts, and regulatory team to ensure development of quality software
- 3+ years of industry experience in leading a team of developers in desktop/web application development
- 5+ years of industry experience in desktop/web development
- Experience with REST API design
- Experience in working with databases
- Experience in software development life cycle
- Experience in agile software development methodologies
- Experience in GUI development, client-server architecture, and/or visualization
- Experience in C++ development
- Experience in Qt framework or QML
- Experience with software architecture and design (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience with DICOM
- Experience in the medical imaging software industry in general
- BSc in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
How to apply:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. While we thank all those who apply, however please note that we will only be contacting those selected for an interview. No phone calls or unsolicited agency referrals please
Please complete the below application form and we will be in contact shortly.